Programs and Services:
Every Wednesday, from noon until 2pm, serving of food, distribution of clothes, toiletries and other basic necessities, and voluntary spiritual encouragement on Skid Row (Downtown Los Angeles).
Every 2nd Thursday, nursing home/convalescent center in Los Angeles area, entertain with arts and crafts, music, reading, games.
Correspondence /Pen-Pal, respond to and send motivational, spiritual, and encouraging literature to incarcerated individuals.
Storytelling, every 3rd Thursday, literacy/reading to children in inner-city Los Angeles neighborhood schools and daycares with Fun Zone Reading Club for Homeless Kids.
Every 1st Wednesday, all day/anytime, various ways of displaying random acts of kindness especially to someone you don't know.
Upcoming Programs and Services:
HEALTH & WELLNESS
- Job Readiness
- Money Management Counseling
- Intervention - Guest Lecturers
- Character Development
- Library - Reading/Media/Computer Lab
- Exercise program - Jump Around Fitness©
- Fellowship/Spiritual enrichment
- Grooming/beautification (Haircuts-Hairstyles-Mani/Pedi-Chair Massage) – Spa: Refresh©
- Art & Music Therapy
- Animal Therapy
- Mental Health - Anger/Behavior Management/Development-Self Worth
- Flower/Plant/Vegetable Garden Therapy
- Healthy Habits (Diet/Nutrition/Abstinence/Safe Sex Classes/Accountability partners)
- Recycling programs
Twitter - @wefeedthehungry
Email - Info@MyFriendsHouseLA.org
(323) 989-3377, (323) 769-5433